Image source: www.indiamart.com
Road signs and symbols are very important safety signs and symbols on express ways. They ensure the safety of lives on roads because they serve as guide to drivers and other road users.
Road signs could be colours, symbols or pictograms.
Unfortunately, majority of drivers and other road users do not know how to interpret these road signs. The intent of this post therefore, is to explain the most common international road sign colours and their meanings.
MEANING OF COLOURS USED ON ROAD SIGNS
Colours are used to represent road signs as I stated above. These colours have different meanings on the road. They are as stated below:
1. RED: This signifies danger and simply means STOP.
2. GREEN: This means traffic is permitted. This means that you can proceed or move on.
3. ORANGE: This means warning indicating that the Green light will soon come up. It warns pedestrians and other road users to be careful.
4. BLUE: It signifies evacuation routes and it also gives information about tourist sites ahead on the road.
5. WHITE: It indicates regulatory sign on the road such as maintain a particular speed limit on a particular section of an expressway.
6.YELLOW: This is very similar to orange because it also indicates caution.
Thanks for reading.
Are other communities not relevant to your post? Post them here!