(IJCH) My First Ever Food/Cooking Post (And Probably My Last!)
IJCH - Inside JaiChai's Head
(Meaning: My Twisted, Personal Opinions and Musings)
From the Author:
I am JaiChai.
And if I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you before, I'm delighted to make your acquaintance now.
I invite you to interact with everyone, learn, and have as much fun as possible!
For my returning online friends, "It's always great to see you again!"
Meet My Breakfast
This is a 4 egg omelet stuffed with sauteed mushrooms and Calamungay leaves.
Ok. Since this is my first food/cooking post ever, I'm sure it will be rather pedestrian (lame) - to say the least!
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (of your choice)
Chicken of the Woods...
and Black Wood Ear.
Chopped onions and Garlic...
And the rest:
- cooking oil (I like Virgin Olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds
- chopped Calamungay leaves (or spinach)
- white rhum (or choice of alcoholic drink)
- cheese (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
I'm ass-uming that most know how to make an omelet.
Today's breakfast simply was a 4 egg omelet that was stuffed with sauteed mushrooms and topped with cheese and hot sauce.
Sauteed Mushroom Tips
- Blanch all polypore mushrooms (e.g., Hen of the Woods, Berkely's polypore, black stain polypore, etc.) and any mushroom that has a slimy cap (i.e., Honey mushrooms).
- Brown mushroom bottoms thoroughly in cooking oil (resist stirring for the first 2-3 minutes).
- Add vinegar or wine for flavor soak.
- Add butter AFTER browning in cooking oil (prevents burnt butter).
- Add seasonings before the last step...
- Last Step: De-glaze with your favorite alcohol.
(Note: A few drinks when cooking, singing and dancing is awesome!)
"Mighty Kind of You for stopping by. Truly hope to see you again!"
About the Author
Believing that school was too boring, he dropped out of High School early; only to earn an AA, BS and MBA in less than 4 years much later in life – while working full-time as a Navy/Marine Corps Medic.
In spite of a fear of heights and deep water, he performed high altitude, free-fall parachute jumps and hazardous diving ops in deep, open ocean water.
After 24 years of active duty, he retired in Asia.
Since then, he's been a full-time, single papa and actively pursuing his varied passions (Writing, Disruptive Technology, Computer Science and Cryptocurrency - plus more hobbies too boring or bizarre for most folk).
He lives on an island paradise with his teenage daughter, longtime girlfriend and three dogs.
"My mind was a terrible thing to waste..." - JaiChai
Hobby & Leisure
From knitting to rock climbing.