What is OC? OC stands for original content. When you create your post and it’s made by yourself, you can tick OC box. That OC seal appears on your profile.
One week ago, I got the first post on leaderboard, that week I published only 10 posts.
I am going to share my stats of that week. I wrote only 10 articles, no more than that – 1.4 articles per day. : 6 OC articles, 4 shared links (video, memes, etc). The 6 OC articles generated me 88% of total points, 4 articles shared from other souces provided me 12%.
What is the advantage of OC content? I will list you my reasons:
1) OC is much more profitable if you write it with your heart and passion; no matter if it is short or long – it creates impact on audience rather than something shared. And we really don’t care about grammar mistakes so get relaxed about it. OC content on Uptrennd isn’t any TOEFL or Cambridge test.
I heard about Japanese girl who was attending secondary school ten years ago and who wrote a romance novel to be distributed by major cell phone providers – she had even a lot of grammar mistakes there. But do you know how much she earned? Over 600,000 USD in less than a month.
For example 2 weeks ago I wrote an article about 10 laws of digital marketing, and I still receive upvotes from this article even today. So this article is generating passive income on the long run, the shared content isn’t that profitable.
2) If any member of Uptrennd’s team spots a quality of an OC content – he/she can give you more upvotes because he/she wants to promote the quality content. From the beginning I understood very clearly that Uptrennd is focused more on quality instead of quantity.
3) OC content for you is your personal seal, your own competitive advantage. Your writing style, your topics, this is your personal touch. If other Uptrenndians like your content, they become your fans – they upvote your content on regular basis and some of them may become your followers. This is a very important part, you are creating a good engagement strategy on the long run.
4) Some shared articles may sometimes sound a little bit informative, cliché but in your OC you likely will transmit your opinion, feelings, criticism and appreciation or will invite other people to debate because that’s what really counts.
5) If you are strongly convinced that your OC is good, you can share it to Facebook groups or tweet it to our Twitter; this is another way how to promote your articles. Sometimes you can see that certain member of Uptrenndian team picks a really good OC from any Uptrenndian and promotes it.
6) Something that is cool about OC, if it is yours, you can share it to different platforms. For example on Publish0x if you post some content it must be 100% your creation. So you may generate income for it on different platforms.
7) There are also some incentives from other Blockchain projects such as Hydrogen, if you promote the OC related to Hydro, if you tweet it, they will likely promote it and support you in upvotes. It happened to me and I obtained big support from Hydro community in several posts of mine plus I have a lot of followers from Hydro community on my Twitter (@cryptovato1) You can be offered some cryptos for doing these content and also participate in contests.
8) If you create pretty good OC content, you can share it through traditional social media – for example on Twitter you will be getting more followers step by step. If you are a Youtuber, and you post your videos – you have different options for monetization: you can get money from Youtube – but you need to have 4000 elapsed watched hours of your content and 1000 followers, or get tips from Brave Reward platform (where you can get tipped from Brave community). Even your Twitter can be linked to Brave Rewards.
9) You may create your blog, or promote your content on courses of site that is called Udemy.com, where you get paid a percentage of price of your courses. Another possibility is to upload it to Slideshare and your content will also be circulating on web across the world.
10) And something very very important, you produce less articles if you write a good OC instead of sharing hundreds of shared links, because sharing it, looking for it, selecting it and posting it takes a bunch of time. So why not write a good OC or create a cool video which may generate you the same amount of points such as 10 or 15 or 20 shared articles. So believe it or not, you save time and create more money on the long run, a dream of any Uptrenndian – work less, make more 1 UP tokens. There is nothing bad about aiming for this goal, you focus on efficiency factor.
No let’s focus on Dont’s:
1) Don’t mark your content as an OC if it isn’t yours. That maybe affecting or hurting the efforts of Uptrennd’s growth based on quality. It’s very easy to discover that this content doesn’t belong to the author because certain software tools can be used to detect it.
2) Another problem of improper OC’s is the copyright law because some authors don’t tolerate that a certain person would share it without a proper license.
3) Even if it is your own content – your OC be careful with the images, they should be yours or have some Common Creative License.
If you see one OC and one shared link you will also see one important difference which strives in number of comments. If it is a very good OC, you will see a great interaction between author and his upvoters – it can go from 5 to 90 comment depending on the OC. If the content is a shared link, the number of comments is much lower – usually it’s between 1 and 5 comment as average.
So, what’s the big deal with the comments?
If people write you a comment, you upvote it, and give them answer – you are creating an engagement strategy. This engagement will guarantee you that other Uptrenndians will likely upvote your content on the long run.
For example if Shadda, Luke, Prince Ulrich, Lucas, Victoria, Emmanuel, Dotun or Elena comment my post, I will answer them - we are upvoting each other, we are helping each other, thus recognizing our work and creating long term engagement among each other.
There may be different reasons why people don’t want to write the OC and I will focus on it in the next article how to overcome them.
a) Language barrier - believe it or not, you can write OC even if you your English is upper basic. I will give you tips how to do it.
b) Lack of experience – I will give you tips about it too. It can be all related to baby steps. You just go with the flow.
c) Someone may criticize it or not even like it – Don’t worry about it! We cannot absolutely please everybody in this life because it’s impossible. We have to please ourselves, we should feel happy about what we are doing.
So as you can see, OC is really worth it. Due to aforementioned reasons, it is highly profitable on the long run, it saves time, it creates you more 1 up token and you as an OC writer get more recognition, experience and even other ways of making additional income. So go for it; I totally encourage you to do so.
Post bugs and potential platform optimizations & upgrades