Proteins are very important component of human body and hence cells .Here are the function of proteins are enlisted:
- Biochemical reactions : enzymes are proteins that are doing digestion ,blood clotting, energy production and muscle contraction.
- Hormons: some proteins are hormones and they work as chemical messengers between cells, tissues and oorgansFor example human growth hormone , glucagon and ininsulin.
- Structure: some proteins are fibrous and they also give structure to a cell and also the tissues .keratin is structural protein that give structure to hair , nails and skin.
- Immune system : Antibodies are proteins that are in blood to provide defense against the bacteria and viruses.
Energy source: proteins cantain 4 calories per gram.They are good energy source.
- Growith and maintenance: They are required for growth and maintenance of tissues . people that are injured they require proteins for recovery.
Here are some sources of proteins:
From mental health to physical health.